Latest Blog PostNew website features
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
The information we collect
Your contact name and address, telephone number, e mail address and specific requirements will be retained by us when (and if) you submit them through the online form when registering with SafeDeposits and registering details of tenancies and deposits. This information is stored securely and is disposed of in a secure manner when no longer required. It is used for the purposes shown below.
The way we use information
To contact you regarding our products; to provide relevant information to government and professional bodies to comply with statute or the rules of that organisation; to submit any details requested by any body investigating a crime, or by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs; to any tenant where the details of the tenanted property and the persons forming the Tenant have been registered with SafeDeposits; to any interested third party who has provided the whole or part of the deposit as a guarantor or in another capacity;; any landlord who wishes to verify that the deposit has been protected; or any legal adviser.
Our commitment to data security
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information we have installed appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We are not liable if any information is obtained by any third party through illegal or fraudulent access to this website.
It is important to make web sites accessible to all users. Therefore this site has been designed to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0. These guidelines are intended to make web content accessible to people with disabilities.
The SafeDeposits website has been developed to comply to a minimum of level A conformance of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, but also satisfies many other checkpoints laid out in the Guidelines for levels AA and AAA.
You can change the size of text on this site by using your web browser settings. For example, in Internet Explorer you can set this by going to the menu View > Text Size or using the Zoom level at the bottom left of the status bar in Internet Explorer 7. In Mozilla Firefox this can be found under View --> Text Size.
Terms and Conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions for the use of the website of SafeDeposits Scotland Ltd (“SafeDeposits” or “we”). By entering and using this website as a user (“User”) it is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions shown below which take effect from the date when the User first uses this website.
- SafeDeposits does not have any liability for any loss suffered by the User in using the website.
- We accept no liability for any failure of the User to comply with these terms and conditions where the failure is due to circumstances outside the reasonable control of SafeDeposits.
- The User agrees to abide by the privacy conditions of SafeDeposits shown on the website.
- The validity of these terms and conditions will be affected and shall remain in force even if any part of the terms and conditions is held to be illegal invalid or unenforceable.
- The waiving of any rights by SafeDeposits under these terms on conditions on one occasion will not affect the validity of those rights or mean that the right will automatically be waived on any other occasion or circumstance.
- If the User discriminates against any employee of SafeDeposits or acts in an illegal or aggressive manner to any employee of SafeDeposits then we reserve the right to terminate the right of the User to use the website with immediate effect. Any sums paid to SafeDeposits will not be refunded.
Computer Malfunction and Virus Protection
- SafeDeposits has no liability to any User for any defect failure or malfunction of the computer system and software package used by SafeDeposits.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, malfunction, disruption or damage to the computer system or any software data of the User.
- While SafeDeposits endeavours to check and test all the material used on the website the User must take any precautions deemed necessary to protect the User from viruses, other computer interference or coding which may damage the computer system of the User when accessing the website. It is recommended that a suitable anti virus system is used for protection when down loading information from the internet.
Using the Website
- The User agrees to use the website only for lawful purposes and will not act in a way which will restrict or prohibit the use and enjoyment of any third party. Such actions include but are not restricted to any conduct which is unlawful, harasses, distresses or inconveniences any other person; and the broadcasting of obscene or offensive material; or which may cause obstruction or interference with the website.
- The User is forbidden not air, transmit, or post any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, abusive, hateful, or outrageous material on the website which could be considered to be a criminal or civil offence or any breach of the law or which may encourage others in such actions.
SafeDeposits does not charge for the use of the website however the User may be charged by a mobile network for access to the internet direct from the User’s mobile telephone. The User should check charges direct as they may vary according to the network.
SafeDeposits reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of the website from time to time and without prior notice. The User should check regularly as continuing use of the website constitutes acceptance of any variation.
This website, including all material, attachments and guidance notes, is the copyright of SafeDeposits.
- All material presented on the website is provided without any warranty or representation either direct or indirect of its accuracy, fitness for purpose, quality, security, non-infringement of copyright or compatibility.
- SafeDeposits is not liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage, expense, loss of profits or data arising from the use of in connection with the use of the website of SafeDeposits.
- All information transmitted to or from the website of SafeDeposits cannot be guaranteed as totally secure. All transmissions are at the risk of the User.
- The use of the website is not a substitute for independent professional advice. The User is urged to obtain advice relevant to their circumstances.
- SafeDeposits has no liability or responsibility for any third party material displayed on this website.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. In the event of a dispute the Scottish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.